Compassionate Geek Train-the-Trainer Resources
Resources to Help You Teach Compassionate Geek Customer Service Training for IT Staff
The Annotated PowerPoint Deck
Videos with Stories
The following links are to videos in which I tell stories. You’re welcome to use these videos in your training as long as you show them in their entirety with no editing.
- How to Handle Other People’s Emotions When You Just Can’t Relate
- Overcoming Obstacles
- Three Roadblocks to Success
- How to Say No Without Alienating Your Customer
- Terms of Non Endearment and Breaking the Rules
- The Mysterious Tattooed Barista (Or How to be a Good Listener)
- Unaware or Don’t Care? Either Way It’s Bad
- A Compassion Test: What Would I Do?
- Reputation Management: The Power of One
- Is Arrogance Killing Your Career?
- How to Deliver Bad News
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/DonRCrawley
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/doncrawley
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/doncrawley
Compassionate Geek Podcast
- iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-compassionate-geek/id660882564?mt=2
- Stitcher: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/don-r-crawley/the-compassionate-geek
Don’s Amazon Author Page: http://amazon.com/author/doncrawley
- The Compassionate Geek: How Engineers, IT Pros, and Other Tech Specialists Can Master Human Relations Skills to Deliver Outstanding Customer Service by Don R. Crawley
- Don’t Believe Everything You Think by Thomas N. Kida
- How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor N. Frankl
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- 8 Minute Meditation Expanded: Quiet Your Mind. Change Your Life by Viktor Davich
- Win Forever: Live, Work, and Play Like a Champion by Peter N. Carroll, Yogi Roth, Kristoffer A. Garin
- Emotional Intelligence: Why It Can Matter More Than IQ by Daniel Goleman
- Social Intelligence: The New Science of Human Relationships by Daniel Goleman
- One Small Step Can Change Your Life: The Kaizen Way by Robert Mauer, PhD.
- In Search of Excellence by Thomas J. Peters and Robert H. Waterman, Jr.